Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reprieve From The Heat ?

 Today, was Friday, and we have been in the 90's all week. Thursday night into Friday morning was the pinnacle of hot and humid.  At 2 AM Friday morning, it was still 85 degrees Fahrenheit outside.  Anyway, this will be a short one.  I was working today, and brother Phil was dues to come to visit in late afternoon, so we agreed to meet up for dinner. 


  Just after 5 PM, I rec'd a text asking me if I was going to arrive at dinner before the rain came.  It really made me sit up and take notice of the sky.  A weather front was actualy moving in. Yipee!  As I was driving, I stuck my phone camera out the window and snapped off a few shots of the approaching front.  We had been promised thunderstorms all week, but none had ever appeared.  Could this be the one?   Well, with only one viewed lightning bolt, did not really live up to expectation.  Temperatures actually did drop, but  only by about 11 degrees.  Hey, don't get me wrong, it is a start, but i was hoping for a much greater change in temp.  We did get a little rain, but did not last very long.






3 comments:

Cathie Feeney said...

Nice pictures!!!

John R. said...

Great pics Jim!

John

Unknown said...

We did have quite the thunder storm in the early early morning hours of Saturday morning and more a few hours later and again on Saturday night. Perhaps we stole some of your storms!

Crazy weather we're having this month. Great pictures!!