Sunday, August 7, 2011

How Apropos

 How fitting it was this morning whereas the Gospel this morning so reflected what happened this morning.  Just before 8 AM this morning, we had a torrential downpour of Biblical proportions.  When driving down to church this morning for Mass, it was like the parting of the Red Seas.  The rain had come down so hard and fast in such a short span of time, the whole road was covered from curb to curb. 

  The last street, from 10th St. to 9th was so flooded, water was over the curbs.  As some of you may remember, At Holy Family, from the street curb there is a sidewalk, and then another curb at the grass.  The water was up and over that curb as well.  I normally park on Fulton St, and we go up the side steps to the church.  Driving down the street, and as I mentioned, there were no markers as to where the street was, I kind of forded the waters to drive down.  The water was coming up higher than the windshield on the sides of the car and I was only driving like 5 MPH. 

  I decided there was no use walking on water to get to church, so I pulled around front of the school, and pulled into the lot to get out of most of the water.  We kinda waded to the steps of the church and climbed in. Comes to be, that the Gospel today was where Jesus walked on the water.  I have to admit, I would have been like Peter, and had my doubts as I was walking on/in the waters this morning.  We made it safe and sound, albeit a tad wet.  Church was very warm today, but we made it, and after Mass and prayers, the waters receded.  Well, maybe not a miracle, but, water finally had time to flow away.  It is threatening again to rain, but hopefully not as bad as the first on.

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Glad you made it safely through the waters! I have a thought, but it's Sunday, so I'll hold my tongue for now!

Unknown said...

Hmm, maybe someone upstairs was trying to tell you something??!!