Sunday, March 20, 2011

One For The "Birds" PhotoPhun
























 This one was a difficult challenge this week for me.  The weather in Erie, although above freezing, was just plain ole windy and rainy.  Not much good for going out to find local birds.  Alas, I have to retreat to going back into my stored files of photos taken over the years.  Alas, after having done that, it would have just plain been easier to take a day and go out and shoot them.

 I do have to admit though, this did bring back memories of some of the day trips that I have taken in the past.  Places Like Pymatunning Reseivoir, Down to the lake front, as well as just finding some raptors in the neighborhood.  It is amazing that Red tail hawks stay around all year.  their belly feathers change from the browns of summer to white for fall and winter.  These are the larger birds you see in the trees with the white undersides all Fall thru Springtime.

  Be sure to check out the entries of Lisa,http://bustershouse.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/photophun-birds/, Mark,http://www.locophotogblog.com/?p=605, and Ree,http://margareetaville.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow- that's quite the diverse flock of birds you've presented! Love the pics of the avian parental units with their charges :-)

Unknown said...

Great job, brother!!! My favorite is the water dripping from the beak of the white duck. Swan? Bird!!

Very nice indeed!

jwls said...

Amazing! Indeed you really got the talent to capture the beauty of God's creation. A little advice, just follow the rule of third so they say. I really love your pictures and I enjoy looking at the them. Job well done.

Mark said...

Great bird shots!! Sorry I didn't come by here when this got posted. Very well done.

I'm gonna call another "free-for-all" for this week's challenge. There's no flowers blooming, no snow or ice. There's just buds on the trees, green pokin' up outta the ground, and really cold weather.

So shoot what tickles your fancy this week. Cooking? Go for it. Critters making you smile? Get'em. See something cool around town? Fair game. I'll make up for these FFA's later this summer.

Have Fun!!