Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trouble Happens in Three's

  That is an old saying, and a lot of people believe in it. Do you?  Me, I am now beginning to believe.  Recently, I was supposed to drive a client to Buffalo, and we had a very early departure time. I got up very early, and was looking to look at my e-mail before departure.  Trouble # 1:  As I was logged on, and only for a few short minutes on my laptop, it up and suddenly shut down.  Tried to restart, but no good.  Gave up, and went on with my day. Arrived at clients house, and it was raining a little bit.  That is not necessarily a bad thing, especially when starting trip just after 6 AM.  Heading towards Buffalo, one would have to face into the rising sun, so, a little rain is not a bad thing.

 Trouble # 2: occurred when I was loading clients wheelchair into back seat of car. I carry my cell phone in a small pouch that I used the belt clip of to hook to my shirt. When I wear phone at waist, I cannot hear the ring.  Anyway, I digress.  I loaded up the chair, have client in the car, start GPS and I am ready to go.  Just as I turn the corner from the clients residence, I got a notice on my GPS that I lost blue-tooth connection.  What the heck?  I reached to my chest, and that is when I noticed that my phone was no longer on my shirt. Goes back to the residence, and laying on the road, there it is.  Well, good thing it is still inside its leather pouch, or, so I thought.  Opened it up, and found that the outside screen of my flip top phone was cracked.  Rot Roh!  Opened it up, and inside screen was also kaput.  I had run over the phone after loading up wheelchair.  Strange thing was, phone still worked.  I could receive calls, just could not make any. Oh, one other thing, I could only listen to calls when I was on speaker phone.  I had also found that I could access my phone book thru the GPS.  So, anytime I wanted to make a call, I also had to have my GPS on, even in the house.  The wonders of modern technology.

 The old wives tale of troubles came to mind, and I had started to really think about when the last show would drop on this day.  I was really fearful that I may be involved in an accident while on this trip.  I was extra careful.  Rained on and off most all day, Saw all the doctors, did the visiting, and returned client back home, safe and sound.  I now doubted that there would be a number three.  I started to relax.  What could go wrong now, I am at home and not going anywhere.

 Trouble # 3: Got up the next morning, and after trying to get laptop to work again, I found same troubles with it. The symptoms are the same as what happened to my desktop some time ago.  Could be on for a bit, then everything freezes up, and shuts down.  Really is looking like a HEAT SINK problem.  Late afternoon, I am heading out from the house, and what do I come across and see?  Trouble # 3.  Overnight, my car has been tagged by vandals, and I got a scratch on the paint.  Will troubles ever cease?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh! At least no accidents? Sorry, trying to look at the bright side!