Friday, September 24, 2010

Life Experience Gleamed From Red Green

I wish I could say that I am the creator of the original thought of this, but, alas, I cannot. I did first hear this on the Red Green show. On one of his spots of wisdom, he had talked about growing up from youth to adult. He mentioned that he noticed time passing. As a youth, when he went to some themed restaurants, and had to visit the restrooms, he had noticed that above the stand up urinals was the sports page of the day. And the thing that he noticed over time was that as a youth, he barely had time to register that there even was a paper on the wall, and he wondered why it was there.

As he came to grow older, he noticed that he spent a little more time standing there while he was going, and had enough time to scan the headlines at least. Well, as more time progresses, he know realizes that he has enough time to be able to read whole articles. Now now there, it not that he is passing that much more fluids as an adult, it is just that it does take more time to be able to pass it.

As I now am coming to that age, I to have to say that yes, I do now notice that I have a little more time to read what is there rather than just look at a monochrome painted wall. There is more to see than just headlines.

Damn, I am even starting to look like him!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is more to see than the eyes can meet, so to speak. All you have to do is open the window of your soul to see what the world offers. You must learn to look with more than just Your eyes and listen with more than just Your ear, for the sounds are sometimes faint and the sights sometimes far away. So many windows are offered to you but only you failed to recognize them. However, if one window closes, still another window is open for you. Enjoy what God has offered you. J

Unknown said...

As long as you're young enough to still make it to the urinal, you're in good shape!!